[Live-devel] send/receive possible in one thread ?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Sun Jun 19 08:57:00 PDT 2005

>Is it possible running receive & send in one thread ?
>I'd like to do a proxy, which receives in a buffer, transcodes data from
>buffer and afterwards sends the buffer to the client.

Yes, you should be able to do this, by having your proxy (1) read from a
"RTPSource", and (2) be read by a "RTPSink".  Then do
         your_RTPSink->startPlaying(..., your_Proxy);

Your proxy's implementation of the "doGetNextFrame()" virtual function
should not deliver data to the caller (i.e., your RTPSink) until after it
receives (handles) data from your RTPSource.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>