[Live-devel] liveMedia on WINCE

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Fri Jun 24 16:06:17 PDT 2005

>Thought I would keep the group updated on our progress.  As noted before
>Windows CE insists on getting involved with c++ exceptions thus slowing
>things down.  Once these are removed liveMedia runs quite nicley on our CE
>device

At some point I'll take another look at whether I can easily remove all use
of C++ exceptions from the code.

>  - the performance is on par with our platform running linux.
>Not sure if anyone cares (the codes comments sometimes imply's windows is
>a less than satisfactory OS) but non the less ...

It's good to hear that you have it working.  One question I have, though:
Are you using "embedded VC++ 4.0"?  We've had people asking how to use
this, because it (apparently) doesn't handle Makefiles.  If you're using
this, then how were you able to build the "LIVE.COM Streaming Media" code?

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>