[Live-devel] Re: liveMedia on WINCE

Chris Kavanagh librestreamkav at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 27 09:59:18 PDT 2005

Hello,
I just created my own projects and workspaces for each of the
libraries(BasicUsageEnvironment, UsageEnvironment, liveMedia and groupsock).
  You could start by creating a "static library" project and Project->Add to
Project -> Files.

It's pretty simple you just have to make sure you set up your project
settings to:
have the proper defines added for you platform and the proper paths set.

The Platform builder environment is more or less the same: start with an
empty project and add the files.

One silly issue is that Microsoft tools don't parse the *.hh files so it's
intelliisense features would "see" all of the liveMedia classes.

Hope this helps,
Chris

> >Thought I would keep the group updated on our progress.  As noted before
> >Windows CE insists on getting involved with c++ exceptions thus slowing
> >things down.  Once these are removed liveMedia runs quite nicley on our
>CE
> >device
>
>At some point I'll take another look at whether I can easily remove all use
>of C++ exceptions from the code.
>
> >  - the performance is on par with our platform running linux.
> >Not sure if anyone cares (the codes comments sometimes imply's windows is
> >a less than satisfactory OS) but non the less ...
>
>It's good to hear that you have it working.  One question I have, though:
>Are you using "embedded VC++ 4.0"?  We've had people asking how to use
>this, because it (apparently) doesn't handle Makefiles.  If you're using
>this, then how were you able to build the "LIVE.COM Streaming Media" code?

Scan and help eliminate destructive viruses from your inbound and outbound
e-mail and attachments.
first two months FREE*.