[Live-devel] Compiling Livemedia Libraries Using Nmake and msvcprt.lib

Ross MacGillivray ross_macgillivray at yahoo.ca
Tue Jun 28 19:55:15 PDT 2005

Having compiled the livemedia libraries successfully on Cywin except for
WindowsAudioInputDevice, I am now trying to compile the same libraries and
test programs natively on Windows using 'nmake' from Microsoft.

Four of the libraries compile successfully (usageenvironment,
basicusageenvironment, groupsock, livemedia).
However, two libraries (testPrograms and WindowsAudioInputDevice) do not
compile successfully.

I have changed the make files for all six libraries to use msvcprt.lib
rather than msvcirt.lib, as can be seen
below, and as described in the following web page:

http://babbage.cs.qc.edu/STL_Docs/using.htm

However, testPrograms and WindowsAudioInputDevice are still looking for
msvcirt.lib.

I have 'grepped' every file in site looking for a reference to msvcirt.lib,
and stupidly, I can't find any.

Can someone tell me where it is hiding?

/Ross

E:\livemedia-windows\live\testProgs>nmake /u /f testprogs2.mak

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 8.00.50215.44

        link -out:testMP3Streamer.exe /RELEASE msvcprt.lib  /INCREMENTAL:NO
/NOL
OGO -subsystem:console,5.0 kernel32.lib  ws2_32.lib mswsock.lib advapi32.lib
buf
feroverflowu.lib testMP3Streamer.obj ../liveMedia/libliveMedia.lib
../groupsock/
libgroupsock.lib  ../UsageEnvironment/libUsageEnvironment.lib
../BasicUsageEnvir
onment/libBasicUsageEnvironment.lib
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'msvcirt.lib'
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
8\VC\bin\l
ink.exe"' : return code '0x450'
Stop.