[Live-devel] mpeg4 encoder

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Tue Mar 8 10:17:50 PST 2005

>I found out that the parse function in
>MPEG4VideoStreamDiscreteFramer::afterGettingFrame1()
>is not able to set fProfileAndLevelIndication because fTo[i] is never 0xB0.
>
>Because of this, the function "getAuxSDPLine" (in my mediaSubsession) dose
>not return...
>Is the afterGettingFrame1() function correct, or is the divx stream the
>problem?

Jan,

The Divx stream appears to be the problem; it does not contain a
"VisualObjectSequence" header.

For a MPEG-4 video stream to be playable by receivers, it needs to
(periodically - e.g., every second or so) include the following
'configuration' headers, in order:
         VisualObjectSequence
         VisualObject
         VideoObjectLayer

Apparently your Divx stream does not contain these headers.  Perhaps,
though, there is a way to tell the encoder to include these headers??

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>