[Live-devel] Trouble with testMPEG1or2VideoStreamer

Chandra Raghavan chandrashekar at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 22:16:23 PST 2005

Hi:
I'm having a few problems streaming an MPEG2 file that I re-encoded
using ffmpeg.

- Original file: http://www.comp.nus.edu.sg/~chandra1/RedsNightmare.mpg
- ffmpeg command: ffmpeg -i RedsNightmare.mpg -ps 242 -qmax 4 Red-qmax242.mpg
- Re-encoded file: http://www.comp.nus.edu.sg/~chandra1/Red-qmax242.mpg

Now, the testMPEG1or2VideoStreamer application which was running fine
with the original  file started giving me problems with the re-encoded
mpeg file.

- http://www.comp.nus.edu.sg/~chandra1/normal-Red.txt
contains the debug output when testMPEG1or2VideoStreamer was run with
the original MPEG.

- http://www.comp.nus.edu.sg/~chandra1/recoded-Red.txt
contains the debug output when testMPEG1or2VideoStreamer was run with
the re-encoded MPEG.

The second output trace has several
"MPEG1or2VideoStreamParser::parseSlice(): Saw unexpected code 0x1e0"
errors. Also, the detection of whether a slice is the last slice of
the frame (which is done to set the M bit) seems to be going wrong
with the rencoded video.  The "IS THIS REALLY THE LAST?" output I
print is printed repeatedly even before the last slice is encountered.

Could this be a problem with the live.com MPEG parser? I could play
the re-encoded file with ffplay with no error messages.

What I'm running:
ffmpeg version: ffmpeg version 0.4.9-pre1, build 4744,
Live.com: source downloaded on Jan 22.
OS: Fedora Core 1

--
Chandrashekar