[Live-devel] Re : TestRelay problem

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Fri Mar 11 11:17:17 PST 2005

>Then I checked the UDP packet with ethereal and find out that the multicast
>packets for UDP dont use  IGMP protocol.
>Is this the problem ? because our network use IGMP protocol for multicast.

The IGMP protocol is implemented solely within the operating system, and is
used automatically when an application joins a multicast group.  (It is not
used when multicast packets get *sent*; only when multicast groups get joined.)

>Anyway to enable IGMP with live.com ??

As I noted above, IGMP is implemented automatically by the OS; it's not
something that higher-level code knows about.

I think that IGMP is a red herring here.  Nonetheless, if you're running an
old version of the Linux kernel (if you're running Linux; I forget), then
you should upgrade.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>