[Live-devel] Strange sequence number

Luca Zappella luca at filibusta.crema.unimi.it
Mon May 9 12:06:30 PDT 2005

Hi Ross,

On Thu, 2005-05-05 at 10:24 -0700, Ross Finlayson wrote:
> >I see the problem with my application that use a sub-class of
> >OnDemandServerMediaSubsession
>
> Unless the problem occurs with the original "testOnDemandRTSPServer", then
> I won't be able to help you.  As a general rule, once you've made
> modifications to the code, you're on your own (unless you're a paying
> consulting client).  Sorry.

Obviously I understand this :) however I have done some tests with
testOnDemandRTSPServer and I have observerd the same behaviour. I have
tried to stream the file test.m4v that you can find here:
www.lucazappella.com

As I have already explained you, sometimes some packets, before the
packet with the marker bit setted, are lost. I can deduce this because
the sequence number of the RTP packets has a gap. Moreover the file I
create on the rtspproxy using each RTP packet is different from the
original one because is missing those packets.

Thank you,
Luca