[Live-devel] How to unicast a wav format audio file by testWAVAudioStreamer

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Tue May 10 09:11:26 PDT 2005

>1. I want to stream a couple of .wav files to one host by liveMedia.
>But I have no idea  how to set the unicast destination IP address if I
>stream the file by testWAVAudioStreamer.

To stream by unicast, don't use "testWAVAudioStreamer" as a
model.  Instead, use "testOnDemandRTSPServer".

>2. How to loop streaming a .wav file? or how to stream a playlist. All
>the .wav file I want to stream and then calculate their PESQ is only
>about 10 seconds long. I want to loop streaming    one file or stream
>a playlist.

You can do this in principle, provided that all of the files that you want
to stream have the same sampling frequency, and are all stereo (or are all
mono).  To do this, you would need to modify the class "WAVAudioFileSource"
(and then modify "WAVAudioFileServerMediaSubsession" to use this new class,
instead of "WAVAudioFileSource").

>3.How can I receive a stream and save it in wav format?

Run "openRTSP" <http://www.live.com/openRTSP/> to save the received audio
data to a file.  Later, preprend this file with an appropriate "WAV" file
header.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>