[Live-devel] there is a delay about 20 second

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Wed May 11 06:02:30 PDT 2005

At 07:57 PM 5/10/05, you wrote:
>I have ported the "openRTSP" directly to uClinux,but when I run to receive
>whatever a mp3 file,there will be a 20-second delay.
>
>I just find out the place where is a thing cause this problem.
>in the function "GetADUInfoFromMP3Frame()" of the file "MP3Internals.cpp"
>,the phrase "MP3FrameParams fr;" will do.
>and wherever I put the phrase, the program will delay there.

The problem is the "MP3FrameParams" constructor, which initializes a lot of
floating point stuff which turns out not to be needed.  (This is legacy
code from a MP3 decoder; it's no longer used at all.)  Because (apparently)
your target hardware doesn't have hardware floating point, this (useless)
code is taking a long time to execute.

I'll be removing this code in future releases.  For now, you can fix the
problem by replacing the line
         static Boolean doneInit = False;
with
         static Boolean doneInit = True;