[Live-devel] Live.Com Error Message within VLC Client

Ross MacGillivray ross_macgillivray at yahoo.ca
Mon May 16 12:25:17 PDT 2005

I am getting the following live.com error message when using VLC client to
start an RTSP session with a VLC server (using the associated VLM server
plugin).

Would someone be kind enough to let me know what the Live.com error message
is indicating or would someone direct me to list of standard live.com error
messages.  I have extracted the live.com error message from my posting below
to a VLC forum

The error message is:

"livedotcom error: PLAY failed No RTSP session is currently in progress"

The delay, if it matters, from VLC client to VLM server is about 125msec.

/Ross

I am starting VLM using the following command line on a Windows XP SP2
Server. The version of VLC is 0.8.2-test1.

c:\ vlc --intf telnet rtsp-host 192.168.1.99

The VLM server starts without problem I then load both of the following two
confiiguration files:

new MoodyBlues vod enabled
setup MoodyBlues input MoodyBlues.m3u

new satin vod enabled
setup satin input satin.mp3

both configuration files load successfully, and I get the folllowing result
when I type a 'show' command into the telnet interface of the VLM module:

Password:
Welcome, Master
> show
show
media : ( 0 broadcast - 2 vod )
MoodyBlues
type : vod
enabled : yes
instances
satin
type : vod
enabled : yes
instances
schedule

When I attempt to access either of the two VOD objects above from a VLC
client on another machine using the wxWindows interface and using the 'open
network stream' option with the RTSP option selected and the URL set as:

rtsp://192.168.1.99/satin

I get the following error messages:

livedotcom error: PLAY failed No RTSP session is currently in progress
main error: no suitable access module for `rtsp://192.168.1.99/satin'

What am I missing?

/Ross