[Live-devel] RTCP sender reports in case of relayed RTP packets

David BERTRAND bidibulle at operamail.com
Thu May 19 17:54:56 PDT 2005

Hi Ross,

I am implementing an RTP relay (using unicast) that forwards an incoming RTP stream to several destinations. As I know that a RTPSource can only have one RTPSink at a time, I decided to add all my destinations in the Groupsock of the RTPSink, and it works pretty well. I also attached a RTCPInstance to my RTPSink, and my RTCP Sender reports are sent to all destinations. However, as my destinations are also RTPSources, I would like to have in my Sender Reports reception reports containing statistics abouts packets received from my destinations. That's where I'm blocked and I wonder if there is a solution. When creating my RTCP instance I can add a source when calling RTCPInstance::createNew() but in this case I have several sources and only one of them will receive the correct reception report. Is there any way to fix my problem ?
Thanks in advance for your help.