[Live-devel] RTP Timestamp problem in testMPEG1or2AudioVideo.cpp

David BERTRAND bidibulle at operamail.com
Fri May 20 17:18:16 PDT 2005

Hi Ross and all,

I try to run testMPEG1or2AudioVideo.cpp and to use QuickTime player to get the audio and video streams. This test program continuously reads and streams a MPEG file but when the file has ended and is reopend, my QT player is confused and cannot render the streams correctly. I suspect that the problem is the RTP timestamp being reinitialized after the file was closed and reopend. Indeed, when the file is replayed, the startPlaying function calls continuePlaying, which calls buildandsendpacket(true) which set fIsFirstPacket boolean to true. Is it that boolean that causes a reinitialization of the RTP timestamp ? Should this timestamps be reinitialized in this case and, if yes, should QT be able to continue to render the streams using the following RTCP sender reports ?
Thanks in advance for your help.

David