[Live-devel] Re: Question about openRTSP

Norbert Donath Norbert.Donath at sigos.de
Mon May 23 18:34:18 PDT 2005

On Fri, Mai 20, 2005 at 01:58:50 +0200, Eric Peters wrote:

Hi Eric,

> I would do some statistics about my implemented streaming server. So I use
> openRTSP to check the "Quality of Service"-summary. I start openRTSP with
> the commandline
>
> openRTSP -e 1200 -Q -v -V rtsp://server_host:7070/stream0 >& output.log
>
> In a shell-script I generate ten clients which connect to the server. They
> all write to different logfiles. At the end I found in the logfiles some
> strange things. Although I stream from the same file and every client gets
> an own instance of the stream (the source isn't reused) the number of
> streamed packets is different. And although I added the flag -e 1200 which
> means that the client should receive 1200 seconds of the stream the
> elapsed_measurement_time is in some cases smaller than 1200 seconds.
>
> Why I get different number of packets although no packet is lost? Why is
> the elapsed measurement time smaller than 1200 seconds?

I don't know if it is your problem but I discovered something similiar
some time ago. But this was with a quite old version.

My problem was that each instance of openRTSP used the same file name
for storing the received packets. As soon as the first instance of
openRTSP got to the end of the stream, the second instance also
terminated. Of course with wrong statistics as it didn't load the
complete stream.

Therefore, Ross implemented the -F parameter. You should try this and
give each call of openRTSP a unique file name prefix.

Norbert

--
SIGOS Systemintegration GmbH
 - TESTING IS OUR COMPETENCE -