[Live-devel] RTP Timestamp problem in testMPEG1or2AudioVideo.cpp

David BERTRAND bidibulle at operamail.com
Tue May 24 22:21:39 PDT 2005

Ross,

FYI, I fixed my problem by commenting the first-packet treatment in RTPSink::convertToRTPTimestamp :

RTPSink::convertToRTPTimestamp(struct timeval tv, Boolean isFirstTime) {
  // Thats IMO why RTP timestamps are not consistent when doing stopPlaying and then startplaying again !
/*  if (isFirstTime) {
    // Make the first timestamp the same as the current "fTimestampBase", so that
    // timestamps begin with the value we promised when this "RTPSink" was created:
    u_int32_t rtpTimestampIncrement = timevalToTimestamp(tv);
    fTimestampBase -= rtpTimestampIncrement;
  } */
return convertToRTPTimestamp(tv);
}

Do you think this special treatment to have first RTP timestamp sent being the value returned by random() at RTPSink creation really needed ? I think it may confuse some players when playing a file continuously, as each time a startPlaying is called, the RTP timestamp base is reduced by the value of "rtpTimestampIncrement".

Please let me know if you find a proper way to fix my problem.
Cheers.
David.