[Live-devel] RTP Timestamp problem in testMPEG1or2AudioVideo.cpp

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Tue May 24 15:59:16 PDT 2005

>Do you think this special treatment to have first RTP timestamp sent being
>the value returned by random() at RTPSink creation really needed ?

Yes it is, so that RTSP (for example) can report the correct initial RTP
timestamp in a "RTPInfo:" header.

However, it was a mistake to have this done the first time after *every*
call to "startPlaying()" on the "RTPSink".  Instead, it should have been
done only once, regardless of how many times "startPlaying()" is called.

I have now installed a new version of the code (2005.05.24) that fixes this.

Thanks for reporting this problem.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>