[Live-devel] RTSP Client and multicast with AXIS cameras

kamil kamildobk at poczta.onet.pl
Thu Nov 3 12:35:58 PST 2005

Hi,
Thank you for those improvements - I have waited for them too.

In fact it is called an 'Ax protocol' - which is some undocumented Microsoft
crap - see :http://www.axis.com/techsup/faq/index.php?id=53526.
Maybe if some more people complain about it Axis will fix it in some future
version.

Some other broken things in Axis protocol I noticed are:
1.
Timeout for multicast session - Axis232D stops sending multicast stream
after 60 seconds, I found following explanation:
http://www.axis.com/techsup/cam_servers/dev/cam_rtsp_api.htm
'If the Session header includes a timeout parameter, then the session needs
to be kept alive. This can be done by sending RTSP requests to the server
containing the session identifier (e.g. OPTIONS) within the specified
timeout time or through the use of RTCP.'
2.
Authorization for RTPoverHTTP is required in initial GET/POST requests ( eg.
header field 'Authorization: Basic xxxxx' ), and not only in tunneled RTSP.