[Live-devel] RTSP Client and multicast with AXIS cameras

Federico Ares federico.ares at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 10:23:42 PST 2005

Hi,

I send a regular rtsp:// request for Axis Cameras. The RTSP transaction is
complete, and the multicast  stream starts. I believe that "ax protocol" has
effect only on media player and will not affect RTSPClient's performance.

I still got some problems with the code:

In parseTransportResponse() I had to add a "return true;" line and comment
the "delete[] foundDestinationStr;" line. Otherwise parseTransportResponse
returns false even when multicast transport field is parsed correctly.

if (isMulticast && foundDestinationStr != NULL && foundMulticastPortNum)
{
    delete[] foundServerAddressStr;
    serverAddressStr = foundDestinationStr;
    serverPortNum = multicastPortNumRTP;
    return true; // add this line
}
//delete[] foundDestinationStr;

The code still doesnt work for me. Still have the same problem: the server
starts transmitting but there are no frames incoming. I'm starting to worry
about my own build. All other stuff seems normal.

I'll give it a look a couple of days and see what I can find out.

Have a nice weekend,

Federico Ares.