[Live-devel] how to add decoding part into openrtsp project

Patrick Noffke patrickn at adpro.com.au
Mon Nov 7 15:16:36 PST 2005

This functionality is already available with mplayer.  You need to configure mplayer with the --with-livelibdir option to integrate the live555 library.  mplayer uses ffmpeg (a.k.a. lavc) as well as many other codecs.

If you simply want to transcode a live stream into, say, YUV, mencoder should work for this.  mencoder is built along with mplayer.

The best place for mplayer/mencoder documentation is its man page (of course, you need to install mplayer first to view the man page).