[Live-devel] How to drop an active ServerMediaSession?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Nov 7 19:14:54 PST 2005

>Sometime i need to FORCE dropping an active ServerMediaSubsession while
>it is running and one or more 'endless' clients are receving the stream

Unfortunately there's currently no way for the server to arbitrarily
terminate a stream.

However, if you give a non-zero value to the "reclamationTestSeconds"
parameter when you create the "RTSPServer", then the server will
terminate any unicast stream for which the server hasn't received a
RTCP "Reception Report" packet (from the client) within the specified
number of seconds.

(Unfortunately, this feature currently doesn't work for streams that
come from a single input source - i.e., when you set the
"reuseFirstSource" to True when creating the
"ServerMediaSubsession".  This is a bug that I need to fix.)

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>