[Live-devel] Python binding to Live (to support MRCP)

Rodrigo Dias Arruda Senra rodsenra at gpr.com.br
Thu Nov 10 15:27:40 PST 2005

On Thu, 7 Apr 2005 11:50:00 +0200
"Leon Schmets" <leon at fsvproducts.nl> wrote:

> I want to wrap the library for use with Python, using Swig to do the job.

 Hi,

 Leon, how far did you go with this project ?

 I'm just asking because I have a similar goal, so I'm just
 checking to avoid duplicate work.

 Did anybody took steps to either create Live <-> Python
 extensions libs or either to embed Python code inside Live ?

 In the first approach, a Python script would drive Live libs,
 probably registering callbacks and then calling the event loop.

 In the second approach, Live code would embed the Python interpreter
 and could invoke and talk to Python scripts when a special event
 takes place.

 I'm working on a project to create a Media Resource Control Protocol
 v1.0 (MRCP) layer to wrap a proprietary TTS engine. I'd rather write
 MRCP support in Python than in C++ (very tight schedule).
 I looked for several libs (including Helix and Komssys), but Live555
 seems to be the winner ;o)

 I'd greatly appreciate pointers from where to start studing Live architecture
 (docs or source code).

 And last but not least, congratulations to all on this great piece of
 software!

 best regards,
 Rod Senra