[Live-devel] Python binding to Live (to support MRCP)

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Nov 10 11:24:05 PST 2005

>  Did anybody took steps to either create Live <-> Python
>  extensions libs or either to embed Python code inside Live ?
>
>  In the first approach, a Python script would drive Live libs,
>  probably registering callbacks and then calling the event loop.
>
>  In the second approach, Live code would embed the Python interpreter
>  and could invoke and talk to Python scripts when a special event
>  takes place.

FYI, the way I would integrate the "LIVE555 Streaming Media" code
with a scripting language would be to write (in C/C++) a new subclass
of "TaskScheduler" (and perhaps "UsageEnvironment") that interacted
with the scripting language's own event mechanism, so that scripting
language events could, if necessary, be handled by LIVE555 code - and
vice versa.

I'm not sure if that is your first or second approach :-)  (I don't
know anything about how Python deals with events.)

(See also <http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#custom>)

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>