[Live-devel] Python binding to Live (to support MRCP)

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Nov 10 12:11:28 PST 2005

>This sort of cross-over between Live and other environment was attempted
>before with some other technology like Tcl, Java, Ruby, etc ?

Yes, I have done this with Tcl (although never released the resulting
code, because it was for a now-obsolete version of Tcl).  The
approach I took was the approach that I outlined in my previous
message: I wrote a subclass of "taskScheduler" that redefined the
virtual functions ("scheduleDelayedTask()",
"unscheduleDelayedTask()", "turnOnBackgroundReadHandling()",
"turnOffBackgroundReadHandling()", and (especially) "doEventLoop()")
to call corresponding Tcl event handling functions.

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>