[Live-devel] Passing extra data to the streamer

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Nov 14 10:55:19 PST 2005

At 04:45 AM 11/14/2005, you wrote:
>I have subclassed MediaSource to allow me to stream MPEG 1 directly
>from a hardware encoder, however I need to pass user configurable data
>to this class (such as username, password, bitrate, encoding type
>etc). This really needs to be passed to realplayer/quicktime from a
>web page's URL .
>
>For example rtsp://my_server:8554/video?bitrate=80000
>
>I could modify the code as it currently is to allow URL parsing, but
>Im hoping there exsits a mechanism to allow me to pass variable data
>to the source

No, not yet.

However, for username & password, note that there's already support
for authentication in the "RTSPServer" implementation (provided that
you want the same username,password pairs to work for all of your
streams).  See, for example, the code in
"testProgs/testOnDemandRTSPServer.cpp".  (Search for "#ifdef ACCESS_CONTROL")

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>