[Live-devel] Does "Live" support RTP/RTCP synchronization of ESs of the same media type?

Marija Marinkovic sinobad-nis at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 20 21:31:17 PST 2005

Thank you Ross for providing a valuable library and taking time to support
its users in a friendly and professional way!

I've installed the library, run the unicast MPEG-4 ES streaming test
programs (openRTSP/testOnDemandRTSPServer) on the same/different hosts, and
it all worked fine. Now, I was wondering if the Live library provided
support for (unicast) streaming of multiple, but synchronized elementary
streams of the SAME media type (all video, or all audio). By “synchronized”
I mean allowing synchronized playout at the receiver (e.g., a separate
display window for each video stream). I anticipate these streams will be
carried in separate RTP sessions (multiplexed by port number, like audio and
video are), and that they will rely on RTCP sender reports for
synchronization. I emphasize *elementary streams*, as I have mainly MPEG-4
and H264 video streams in mind, rather than MPEG-2 streams. Can this be done
with the library as it is, or should I consider extending it?

Could you please advise me on the proper way to achieve this functionality
using your library (and test programs therein)? Thanks for your time.

Cheers,
Marija