[Live-devel] reclamationTestSeconds

Luca Zappella luca.zappella at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 10:05:06 PST 2005

On Fri, 2005-11-18 at 09:22 -0800, Ross Finlayson wrote:
> At 07:07 AM 11/18/2005, you wrote:
> >Sorry! I think I have understood the first question...
> >Maybe the answer is 2^32 ?
>
> Yeah, probably.  But why on Earth would you want to specify a
> "reclamationTestSeconds" parameter as large as 2147 seconds?  That's
silly.

Well, actually I am using "fReclamatationTestSec" as a stream timeout.
Since I am using unicast streaming with "reuseFirstSource" flag set to
true, the RTCP reports (from receivers) are not noted as 'activity', so
when the time expire the connection is always closed.

I am using this trick because when I try to set a stream timeout using
the proper parameter in the addSubsession method vlc and quicktime have
no a correct behaviour: one (I can not remember which) send only a PAUSE
command and the other reload the stream automatically.

I know that this usage is not "clean" and that I will always have to pay
attention to newer versions of livemedia because the behaviour could
change, but for now it works and I need it.

If I am doing something in the wrong way, please tell me.

Thanks again
Luca