[Live-devel] Live Streaming of FFMPEG Encoded Video

Drew Ostheimer d_osthei at ece.concordia.ca
Wed Nov 30 15:54:03 PST 2005

Hello,

In my current project I am trying to stream a live video feed from a
USB source using RTSP in *nix. I can successfully capture from the
camera and encode the video feed, using FFMPEG (MPEG-4), and save it to
a file. My next goal is to stream this feed in real time across a local
gigabit network using LiveMedia over RTSP.

Reading through the list and attempting the suggestions that Ross
Finlayson has given, I just can't seem to get a feed working. I setup
the RTPSink RTSPServer et all correctly and can stream a sample .m4v
file, therefore my issue is in linking FFMPEG to LiveMedia.

I have subclassed the FramedSource class and implemented
doGetNextFrame(). As well I am using the
MPEG4VideoStreamDiscreteFramer. I believe my issue is in converting
from an AVPacket to fTo.

Would it be possible to help me solve this problem by either directing
me in a correct direction or supplying a small sample piece of code.

Thanks for your time,

Drew