[Live-devel] Query in RTCP Sender Report Handling

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Oct 4 00:44:59 PDT 2005

>Now when I resume and I get a RTCP sender report I am going to
>replace this 300000 ms with the wall clock time which would be
>huge.This would make the presentation time to be way off.Is that intended?

Yes.  The presentation time from a "RTPSource" should not be treated
as being accurate until after RTCP "Sender Report" packets start arriving.

Note that you can use the function
"RTPSource::hasBeenSynchronizedUsingRTCP()" to test whether or not
RTCP "Sender Report"s have started arriving.

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>