[Live-devel] Help with image output

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Oct 6 14:49:33 PDT 2005

>I successfully compiled and ran openRTSP (fed by a mpeg4 stream provided by
>spook http://www.litech.org/spook/). I would like to incorporate the
>live.com libs into an own project, but first I need to achieve the
>following: output individual PPM or PGM image files instead of a mpeg4 file.

To do this, you will need to write a 'filter' class that (i) decodes
the incoming MPEG-4 video, and (ii) converts the decoded video data
into the appropriate format for a PPM or PGM file.

Note that the "LIVE555 Streaming Media" code does not include any
codecs (decoders or encoders), so this is something that you would
need to develop yourself.

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>