[Live-devel] How to get NPT from RTSPClient?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Oct 17 17:00:44 PDT 2005

At 08:08 AM 10/17/2005, you wrote:
>Hi there,
>
>Got a quick question in the context of OpenRTSP:
>
>How does one obtain the current NPT (normal playing time) of a
>received packet?  The closests thing I can find is
>FramedSource::fPresentationTime, which is in UTC format... o.0

You will need to use this presentation time, but subtract from it the
presentation time for the first-received RTP packet.  (You can also
get the latter presentation time from the "RTPInfo" header - i.e.,
from the field "MediaSubsession.rtpInfo.timestamp")

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>