[Live-devel] How to get NPT from RTSPClient?

Luca Abeni lucabe72 at email.it
Tue Oct 18 10:52:22 PDT 2005

Hello,

I have a related question:
On Mon, 2005-10-17 at 16:00 -0700, Ross Finlayson wrote:
> At 08:08 AM 10/17/2005, you wrote:
> >Hi there,
> >
> >Got a quick question in the context of OpenRTSP:
> >
> >How does one obtain the current NPT (normal playing time) of a
> >received packet?  The closests thing I can find is
> >FramedSource::fPresentationTime, which is in UTC format... o.0
>
> You will need to use this presentation time, but subtract from it the
> presentation time for the first-received RTP packet.
How can I obtain the current NTP time instead?
I mean, not the presentation time of the frame, but an NTP time that I
can use for synchronizing the player's time and the streamer's time.
If RTP packets are delivered without delays (or with a constant delay),
I can use the presentation time of the last received frame, but what can
I do if RTP packets can be delayed (for example because the streamer is
buffering some packets to deliver them at a constant bitrate)?
(of course, RTCP packets are not randomly delayed)

			Thanks,
				Luca