[Live-devel] MPEG 2 and 4

Hyperbit hyperbit at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 10:41:18 PDT 2005

Ive managed to get MPEG1 working and streaming to Quicktime perfectly.
I can stream an MPEG1 file from disk across our network, I can also
capture live video from a hardware source and encode it using FFMPEG
and stream that (as MPEG1) to Quicktime.

I have a major problem streaming MPEG2 , either from a file source or
via FFMPEG. It is strange why the stream goes out ok, but quicktime
can not view the video, even if it is from an MPEG2 file.

The biggest concern I have is, that I have not managed to stream
MPEG4. Quicktime or VLC just does not want to display the video at
all.

Im using Windows 2000 with visual studio 6 and 7 to compile.

Regards

John