[Live-devel] How does Fastforward/Rewind work on a stream ?

Glen Gray glen at lincor.com
Tue Oct 18 10:47:40 PDT 2005

Hey Guys,

I'm trying to get my head around trickplay support for a Kasenna feed
and I'm not sure I'm doing it right.

What I have at the moment is vlc calling playMediaSubsession in the
livedotcom.cpp demuxer with the scale factor changed to 12, when the rc
interface gets the fastforward command. Kasenna accepts this and seems
to play at a scale of 12. However I don't get to see any video and fall
out with a connection loss.

Will I have to adjust rates and pcr's etc. If the server is feeding it
with 1/12th the content, I assumed it was a valid MPEG-TS and I wouldn't
have to do anything other than play the stream. This doesn't seem to be
the case.
--
Glen Gray <glen at lincor.com>              Digital Depot, Thomas Street
Senior Software Engineer                            Dublin 8, Ireland