[Live-devel] doEventLoop - problems stopping (and possibly starting)

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Oct 19 16:52:37 PDT 2005

>The first problem I'm having is that the event loop does not always
>stop when I set the flag.

You must not be using it correctly.  Make sure that the
"watchVariable" is a single 8-bit variable, which is visible both to
the call to "doEventLoop()", and in the place where it's value is set non-zero.

Note the implementation of "BasicTaskScheduler0::doEventLoop()" in
"BasicUsageEnvironment/BasicTaskScheduler0.cpp".

>Investigations so far suggest the problem is that when
>BasicUDPSource::incomingPacketHandler1 is called,
>isCurrentlyAwaitingData is returning false, although
>FramedSource::getNextFrame sets the var (fIsCurrentlyAwaitingData)
>to true just before the event loop starts and I can't see any sign
>of the var being set to false.

It gets set to False in several places in "liveMedia/FramedSource.cpp".

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>