[Live-devel] Streaming through a DSL Router with NAT

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Oct 21 21:40:50 PDT 2005

>Back to the project-that-would-not-die, I used openRTSP as requested,
>here's the output:

Try again, but this time add the "-V" option to "openRTSP", to
include the full RTSP protocol exchange.

I also suggest trying the "-t" option (specifying: request RTP-over-RTSP).

>Nothing is written to the file, "video-JPEG-1", but otherwise it
>appears to be operational?

If nothing is written to the "video-JPEG-1" file, then that means
that "openRTSP" hasn't received any RTP packets!

>PS(For extra credit in the stupid question department, when it says
>"client port 56090-56091 and such, what does that mean as far as my
>on-demand-rtsp server is concerned?)

It means that the server is sending RTP packets to port 56090, and
RTCP packets to port 56091.

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>