[Live-devel] Would you please help me to pack the H.264-encoded video into RTP format?

Lee Jake jakelee2 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 17:20:57 PDT 2005

Dear Ross Finlayson:
  Such as the two output file formats of JM reference software of JVT H.264,
one is byte stream format, the other is rtp format. I want to get the rtp
format, but the output of X264 only yields byte stream format. So LIVEMEDIA
is needed to pack this H.264-encoded video with byte stream format into RTP
packets.
 Now could LIVEMEDIA provide us the solution of packing H.264 video into RTP
packets to the port of a RTP server to be sent and to the port of a RTP
client to be received? If it could, is it ok that one H.264 video picture
contains more than one slice so as to resist the packet loss?
 However, If I just want to pack H.264 video into RTP packets to a file to
be saved in local hard-disk, could it be applicable?
 Regards,
 -Jake
   >*Now I want to pack an H.264-encoded video by X264 into RTP format,
*>*to get a rtp file.
*
There is no such thing as a "RTP file". RTP is a network protocol.

Ross Finlayson
Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM <http://LIVE555.COM>)
<http://www.live555.com/>