[Live-devel] Live.com and encryption

Morgan Tørvolt morgan.torvolt at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 19:40:05 PDT 2005

Yes, they do support several different suppliers of encryption
systems, irdeto and nds among others (www.aminocom.com). The question
is how one would implement support for this in live.com. To keep trick
play functionality, I believe one would have to implement the
encryption in the very last stage, just before the data is packed in
UDP and sent, but I really do not know.
One could probably implement a "plugin" support so that one could use
f.eks NDS, but that would cost alot probably.

-Morgan Tørvolt-