[Live-devel] Live.com and encryption

CodeJones codesjones at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 10:03:13 PDT 2005

My experience with both the NDS and IRDETO IP encryption systems is that
they act as a UDP tunnel.  You target the cypher system and it receives
your UDP data encrypts that data (increasing the packet length) and
retransmits it on the output interface.  This system is built around a
SMS (subscriber management system) and requires smart cards to decrypt
the data.  Both of these companies will not even talk to you unless your
numbers are in the thousands.  These systems are not built on open
standards and are very expensive.

Codejones