[Live-devel] Java Framework

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Tue Sep 20 15:07:48 PDT 2005

>Do someone know about a java framework that could be used to build
>an RT[S]P client, and being able to understand a Streaming server
>written with Live.com Streaming Media?

Sun has something called the "Java Media Framework", that is said to
support RTP/RTSP.  See
         <http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/jmf/>
and
         <http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/jmf/reference/faqs/index.html#jmf2-media-streaming>

If their RTSP/RTP implementation is standards-compliant (which it
likely is; Sun is usually pretty good about this), then it should
have no trouble streaming from a "LIVE.COM Streaming Media" RTSP
server.  I've never tried thius myself, though, so I'd be interested
to get confirmation of this.

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE.COM)
	<http://www.live.com/>