[Live-devel] Java Framework

Scott Hays sdhays at neon.com.tw
Wed Sep 21 10:01:06 PDT 2005

I have had some success playing RTP streams from my LIVE.COM-based
server with the JMF RTP framework, but Sun's RTSP implementation is
very buggy.  They don't support live streams: they don't handle the
case when there is no ending time; also, their npt time parser
doesn't handle the floating point notation that LIVE.COM uses.  I
also found a bug in the RTSP response parser where it was skipping
over needed data   After fixing these bugs (using the Sun source
release), the RTSP part seems to work okay but I still couldn't get
it to play the media; it would just hang.  If you have more luck, I'd
be interested in hearing about it.

The RTP part seems okay, though.

Scott