[Live-devel] ENTTEC protocol

hornsby adrian_hornsby at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Sep 22 21:28:57 PDT 2005

Hi Kon,
We have multicast videos streams coming from Linux machines on our ethernet
network.
When I try to relay a stream with testRelay i get the message "miss sync".
When I analyse the stream with ethereal, it tells me the stream coming from
the multicast address I'm trying to relay uses ENTTEC protocol.
So I try relaying the same stream with vlc  and foward it to testRelay which
then work fine.
So testRelay work with our streams only if they are first relayed by vlc.
I also analyse the vlc output and this time ethereal is telling me that it
uses UDP protocol.
The problem is that the video streams on our network are supposed to be
multicast/UDP. So where does it become ENTTEC ?? from a router ?? from linux
kernel ??
I just don't understand because VLC can play just fine those streams even with
ENTTEC protocol.

I hope I was a bit clearer than I was :S

adrian