[Live-devel] ENTTEC protocol

Clem Taylor clem.taylor at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 16:05:45 PDT 2005

On 9/22/05, hornsby <adrian_hornsby at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> We have multicast videos streams coming from Linux machines on our ethernet
> network.
> When I try to relay a stream with testRelay i get the message "miss sync".
> When I analyse the stream with ethereal, it tells me the stream coming from
> the multicast address I'm trying to relay uses ENTTEC protocol.

I have seen strange behavior like this before with rtp packets and
ethereal. If ethereal doesn't see the RTSP session that establishes
the stream then it won't know to associate the RTP protocol with the
UDP RTP packets. Depending on the rtp payload and port, ethereal will
sometimes miss-identify the packets as other protocols. If you make
sure that ethereal sees the RTSP session, then it should automatically
pick up this association. Otherwise, just right click on one of the
rtp packets (if you know the ip and port) and select "Decode as..."
and pick the protocol manually.

                           --Clem