[Live-devel] RTP Timestamp doesn't change

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun Apr 2 06:43:20 PDT 2006

At 07:09 AM 4/2/2006, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Although I increment fPresentationTime in my code, the timestamps in
>the RTP packets are always the same.
>How come?

I don't know (because I don't know your code).  However, you should
check the chain of sources that feed into your "RTPSink"
subclasses.  In one of those sources, perhaps you're not setting
"fPresentationTime" when implementing "doGetNextFrame()".

>  Should I override MultiFramedRTPSink::doSpecialFrameHandling()?

No (if you're using one of the "RTPSink" subclasses that are already
provided in the library; they should already do the right thing).

However, if you're using "H263plusVideoRTPSink", you should check
your flow of control within its "doSpecialFrameHandling()", to make
sure that you're reaching the end of this function (where the RTP
timestamp gets set) - i.e., without error.

Remember, You Have Complete Source Code.

>      //gettimeofday(&fPresentationTime, NULL); //can't be called on windows

Not true!!  For Windows, we provide our own implementation of
"gettimeofday()" (see "groupsock/GroupsockHelper.cpp").

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>