[Live-devel] Adding multiple sources

Stas Desyatnlkov stas at mer.co.il
Mon Apr 3 06:19:26 PDT 2006

Hi,

I thought about overriding doEventLoop in a class derived from
BasicTaskScheduler. But someone gave me a better idea.

The idea is creating a socket that will serve as request sink. When a
new source or sink needs to be added a message is sent to the socket
(request sink) and the select called by NextStep exits (because request
sink is readable). When a message on the socket is received it handles
it and creates new sink or source according to received message data.

The socket can be opened as UDP because it will receive messages over
local loop (so no chance data is lost).

Am I on the right track here ?

Regards,

Stas.