[Live-devel] Audio Formats Supoort

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Apr 11 07:03:30 PDT 2006

>But I am able read video alone but not audio from RTSP stream for the
>following audio format combinations using "live.2006.03.17.tar" source
>build.
>1. Linear PCM (16-bit integer [Little Endian] Mono 44.100 kHz)

You could read this using "SimpleRTPSource" (plus, a "EndianSwap"
filter, if you're on a big-endian machine, which most people these
days are not).

>2. A-Law 2:1 (A-Law 2:1 Mono 44.100 kHz)

Not currently supported, but it would be quite easy to add.  (Look at
how we do u-law audio - note how we implement "PCMFromuLawAudioSource".)

>3. AMR Narrowband (AMR Narrowband Mono 8.000 kHz)

This is just "audio/AMR", which is implemented by "AMRAudioRTPSource".

>4. Apple Lossless (QTSS not serving audio)
>5. IMA 4:1 (IMA 4:1 Mono 8.000 kHz)
>6. MACE 3:1 (MACE 3:1 Mono 8.000 kHz)
>7. MACE 6:1 (MACE 6:1 Mono 8.000 kHz)
>8. Qdesign Music 2 (QDesign Music 2 Mono 8.000 kHz)

None of these are supported, because I don't know the payload format
for them.  As far as I know, these are proprietary and unpublished.

>9. Qualcomm PureVoice (Qualcomm PureVoice Mono 8.000 kHz)

This is (I believe) another name for "QCELP", which is implemented by
"QCELPAudioRTPSource".

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>