[Live-devel] some clarifications on code/API

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Apr 11 07:09:08 PDT 2006

The application is called "openRTSP"; see <http://www.live555.com/openRTSP/>

>  for reading RTSP streams from both QTSS and
>DSS. I hope, I can use the same playcommon.cpp with any RTSP streaming
>server. I presumed that the role of DarwinInjector is no more required for
>alone RTSP stream reading job from DSS.

No, if you're only *reading* a RTSP/RTP stream, you don't need
"DarwinInjector" at all.

>Even I used perfect hinted mov files served from QTSS/DSS, I am not getting
>video details (width, height and frame rate) from the method CALL
>getSDPDescriptionFromURL(). Please suggest, if there is any other way to get
>the required video details from RTSP URL.

No, there's no way to do this, unfortunately.

>It is my observation, that the obtained exe from "live.2006.03.17.tar"
>source build is working fine in reading RTSP stream from QTSS/DSS, when
>there is RealPlayer is installed in that system. Are there any codec
>dependencies to run this exe?

I don't understand this question, but I think the answer is "no",
because we do not include (or use) any codecs (encoding or decoding software).

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>