[Live-devel] RTSP over UDP

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Apr 13 06:46:19 PDT 2006

>does the live555 library follow the RTSP standard in the way, that the
>RTSP controlling
>session, can be cut (the TCP connection might not be persistent during a
>session).

No.  The RTSP server implementation currently requires the RTSP TCP
connection to remain in place during the session (and all RTSP
commands for a single stream including and after "SETUP" - must use
the same connection).

Our RTSP *client* implementation, however, allows the TCP connection
to be closed sometime after the "PLAY" - and (depending on the
server) the session may continue.  (However, once the TCP connection
is closed, no further RTSP commands can be issued for that session.)

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>