[Live-devel] [live-devel] Streaming Text (or subtitle)

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Apr 13 14:44:36 PDT 2006

>I need to stream some text (OSD information, like camera number and
>date/time) with a MPEG4 Live RTSP Server.
>
>I have searched on this list, and I was only found a solution:
>     - make support for the "3GP Timed base" payload.
>
>When I looked for a solution in the source code, I have found a support
>for this payload : "X-MCT-TEXT" in MediaSession.cpp.

That was an experimental (hence the "X-") payload format for a
private customer.  It is no longer supported (and will be removed
from future versions of the code).

If you want to implement a RTP payload format for text streaming,
then I suggest that you use the format for "3GPP Timed Text",
specified in RFC 4396:

ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4396.txt

(Also note RFC 3839 for the MIME type)

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>