[Live-devel] a bug about SocketDescriptor::tcpReadHandler()

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Apr 20 02:01:48 PDT 2006

>         when play stream with rtp over tcp,the live555 library will
> turn on two
>  readhandler by using BasicTaskScheduler::turnOnBackgroundReadHandling().
>         (1)  MultiFramedRTPSource::networkReadHandler()
>         (2)  SocketDescriptor::tcpReadHandler()
>
>         And when pause the stream by using RTSPClient::pauseMediaSession(),
>the live555 library will turn off the two readhandler by using
>BasicTaskScheduler::turnOffBackgroundReadHandling().

I don't see how this happens at the client end.

Our RTSP *server* implementation, on the other hand, will implement
the RTSP "PAUSE" command by (indirectly) calling
"RTPInterface::stopNetworkReading()", but that is supposed to also
turn off reading of the TCP interface (if the server is streaming
RTP-over-TCP), provided that all subsessions (i.e., audio + video) are paused.

I'm sorry, but from your description, it's not clear what the problem
might be, or even if there's a real problem at all.  So this is
something that you may end up having to track down yourself.

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>