[Live-devel] a bug about SocketDescriptor::tcpReadHandler()

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Apr 20 02:52:59 PDT 2006

>         At that moment,I wanted to go on playing the stream by using
>RTSPClient::playMediaSession().I was doing so by using another socket

This is definitely the wrong thing to be doing.  You should use the
same "RTSPClient" object (and thus TCP socket) to do both the "PAUSE"
and the "PLAY".

I assume you're using a recent version of the code.  Note that - if
you're receiving RTP-over-TCP - you do not wait for a response to the
"PAUSE" command, so there's no reason why that should block.

But anyway, as I noted before, this is probably something that you're
going to have to track down yourself.

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>